Hi friends! It’s my birthday! Hooray for me. I thought that I would do something a little different on my blog today and seeing as I’ve hit the magic number of 24, share 24 things that you might not know about me. I’ve seen some other bloggers do something similar, and I always love reading these types of posts. It’s fun to get to know a little bit more about other bloggers, and it’s also fun to get to know my readers. I would love YOU to leave something about yourself in the comments below. I love reading your comments! So here goes!
1. I was born in Leicester and have lived here my whole life.
2. My favourite foods are probably pizza (from Dominoes of-course) and pancakes (absolutely drenched in lemon and sugar). I know, not the healthiest combination but even as a little girl I had such a sweet tooth.
3. I have two brothers. I have a brother who turned 8 yesterday and another brother who is now 11. They both live in Nottingham.
4. I lost my grandad 10 years ago, and he was my hero. It was so sudden, and I found his passing very hard to come to terms with. It was one of the worst days I can remember. I felt like losing him made me a lot stronger as an adult. It also makes me appreciate every day on this earth.
5. I spent 5 years in a boarding school as a full-time boarder doing my GCSE’s and A levels.
6. I have always loved Nursing for as long as I can remember. Even as a little girl I remember taking such care of my first ever first aid box.
7. My family originate from Ireland specifically Cork. I used to love visiting my family there and searching for leprechauns, fairies and the pot of gold for hours on end.
8. I grew up taking dance lessons. In school, I was on a competitive dance team and took part in competitions. Can I get an amen for ballet life? Ha! To this day, I miss dance so much. I always tell myself I need to get back into some classes!
9. My grandma and I are incredibly close. Often times we think the same things at the same time. Luckily, she lives only 5 minutes from my home, and I can see her a lot.
10. I love interior design. It gives me such a buzz, and I often take inspiration from Pinterest, magazines and my aunt who is literally the queen of design.
11. I love photography. I remember getting my first ever camera and taking it to Vancouver with me and taking pictures of literally everything. I’m a total Instagram addict.
12. I love to travel. I’ve been to Canada, Poland, Italy, Spain, Bulgaria, Greece, Egypt, Turkey, Malta, France, Ireland and Holland but make no mistake, I have many more on my list.
13. I never thought I would be a blogger who put myself out there and shared my life online. I’m a pretty private person, so it’s still weird that I ended up doing this.
14. I’ve always been competitive. When I was younger, I would try to finish before everyone else. As soon as I was done, I would turn my paper over as fast as I could so I could be the first one done in the class.
15. My first ever written blog post was my favourite and most open.
16. I used to have a YouTube channel that reviewed beauty products and promoted cute clothing brands.
17. I have one of the rarest blood type AB-Negative (only 6% of the population). I am a potential universal plasma donor.
18. One of my favourite parts about blogging is connecting with other women or inspiring and empowering someone else to follow their dreams.
19. I’m a girly-girl, but then again, I’m totally not.
20. I despise maths and furthermore I’m absolutely awful at it.
21. I was initially going to be named Frasier as a boy (please don’t laugh). Thank god, I’m a girl.
22. I love to sleep in the mornings but I’m 100% a night owl. God help anyone who wakes me up too early in the morning.
23. I’m not the best in big groups. I’m more of a one-on-one or small group person, and tend to be on the introverted side.
24. Yes, I love to travel and try new things but I’m also a total homebody. Days off at home with my cat (Darcy) and my boyfriend (Pawel) are my absolute favourite. I adore having my days off hanging out with my loved ones. It’s one of my favourite things to do.
So, there you have it. I hope that gives you a bit more insight into me and my life. I personally love reading things like this (because let’s face it, we’re all just a little nosy!), and I hope you’ve enjoyed reading my version.
I look forward to hearing from you!